WE PROSECUTE AND MANAGE YOUR IP DISPUTES
IP disputes arise when others infringe your IP, or take action against you for infringing their IP rights. At Pro IP, we help you understand your rights and the best approach to dispute resolution through effective systems of monitoring and watching services, negotiations, as well as enforcement and litigation.
Investigation and Watching Services
The members of our team at Pro IP are well trained with a keen eye to identify identical or similar characteristics between applications lodged in the regional Registries found to be in conflict with a client’s registered or pending rights. Our services include:
- searching patents and other technical literature to investigate patentability of your or competitors' inventions,
- searching patents and registered designs to investigate your risk of infringing competitors' rights,
- searching to investigate availability of new trademarks,
- undertaking strategic watching of patents, designs and trade marks to safeguard your rights,
- implementing watch strategies to keep you abreast of competitors' developments and innovations,
- carrying out and coordinating investigation surveys as required and provide written advice on the findings.
Enforcement and Litigation Support
We handle and coordinate all negotiations with third parties, as well as other required transactional work that focus on finding the best commercially viable solution, bearing in mind issues such as budgeting and other constraints. Our services include:
- preliminary investigation on infringement and/or passing off activities,
- advice on litigation and enforcement,
- contentious negotiation with third party,
- raids and seizures actions alongside the enforcement officers of the Ministry of Domestic Trade, co-operatives and consumer affairs,
- litigation and enforcement support through our associate legal counsel.